If money worries are on your mind, you're not alone. Support is available. It can be very difficult to talk about, but please don't let feeling awkward stop you from getting help.
What do you need help with?
- Step Change offers free, confidential debt advice that is based on a comprehensive assessment of your situation. Call 0800 138 1111.
- National Debtline is a free and confidential debt advice charity run by the Money Advice Trust. Call 0808 808 4000.
- Stop Loan Sharks will keep you safe. They will investigate and put people who are lending money illegally in prison. Call 0300 555 2222.
- HertSavers Credit Union If you live or work in Hertfordshire, HertSavers Credit Union can offer you safe loans and good ways to save money. They are a financial co-operative, owned and controlled by its members with any profits made given back to its membership. Call 0208 756 3868.
- Herts Help are a network of community organisations in Hertfordshire working together. They're there to listen and help you find independent support, guidance and information you need to get the most out of life. Call on 0300 123 4044 or email email@example.com.
- The Citizens Advice Service provides free, independent, confidential and impartial advice to everyone on their rights and responsibilities. These include among others; benefits, work, debt, money and financial management, relationships, housing, legal and consumer rights. Call 0300 303 4417.
- The Government website is full of useful information about benefits. You can find out whether you're eligible and apply online.
See our benefits section for more information.
To support our customers, we provide funding to our local Citizen's Advice service. They can help with:
- Free financial help and advice
- Budgeting advice
- Help with getting the right benefits
- Advice on changes to welfare benefits
- Help with managing debt
- Help with setting up bank accounts, savings and credit unions
Call for free 0300 303 4417