In short, we provide homes for local people who are priced out of the market.
This takes lots of different forms, including:
- Providing rented homes for people on the council's waiting lists.
- Looking after our buildings and estates.
- Doing our bit in our community.
- Helping people to live independently as they get older.
- Supporting our customers when life becomes difficult, connecting them to charities or services.
- Building part-buy, part-rent homes (i.e. shared ownership) to help first-time buyers get on the ladder.
In the last year we:
Built 97 affordable homes
Geared up £120M to spend on building new homes
Invested £4.2M in our existing homes