You've probably caught bits and pieces about fire safety in the news over the past few years - but how does all that relate to where you live? We set up a webinar so customers could ask us questions about:
- Fire doors
- EWS1 forms
- Plus any other safety-related topics
We were joined by Richie Stevens, a fire safety consultant who previously worked for the Fire Service as a firefighter and fire station manager. Also online we had our Executive Director (Chris), Head of Property Services (Russell) and Property Manager (Carl).
Fast forward to...
- 4.20 - fire risk assessments, what they mean and why you might receive one.
- 13.50 - EWS1 forms, recent changes and what people looking to sell need to know.
- 31.10 - building surveys and cladding, why we're doing surveys on blocks of flats and more info about cladding.
- 35.40 - fire doors, upgrades coming in the near future.
- 37.40 - open Q&A. Here are the questions we were asked:
Questions from other customers...
- Do front doors of flats need to be fire doors? And should hallway doors self-close?
- Do you need a fire door between an open plan kitchen/living room and other rooms?
- Who will pay for EWS1 surveys?
- How long do they last for?
- What happens if the regulations change again in a few years?
- Will I need an EWS1 to remortgage?