6 January 2021, Third lockdown update
We are committed to doing our bit to reduce the spread of the virus in our community. Going into another national lockdown, there are high rates in our area, Broxbourne, so we have reviewed our approach. But we would like to reassure customers that we will always look for ways to keep our services running.
In line with the government guidelines, the majority of our services can continue using the safety measures we already have in place. But we are doing some things differently:
The key changes to our services are:
- Non-urgent repairs inside your home will be postponed. If you have an appointment booked, we will be in touch and will need to reschedule at a later date.
- Our caretaking team will offer a focused service. This means they'll concentrate on high priority tasks (e.g. touchpoints - door handles, handrails, and bin areas).
- Our caretakers will also be out earlier in the day when neighbourhoods are quieter, to help with social distancing.
Services that will continue
- We'll always come out in an emergency (e.g. if you had no electricity) or if it's urgent (e.g. if just your lighting went down).
- We'll come out for repairs outdoors, as it's easier to keep a 2-metre distance from residents.
- Any health and safety related work (e.g. gas servicing or fire safety checks) work is vital to keep customers safe from other risks. So these will continue wherever possible.
We are reviewing the situation every two weeks and will stay in touch as and when we need to make changes.
Thank you to our customers for continuing to bear with us during this time.
If you’re struggling with finances or looking after your home, you can still get in touch using your myB3Living account or by clicking here.